Start to Finish Representation for Workers in All Industries

Frequently Asked Questions

Answers from Our Sacramento Workers’ Compensation Lawyers

Workers’ compensation cases can be complicated. When you’ve been injured on the job, it is important that you seek the professional assistance of a knowledgeable and dedicated Sacramento attorney. From initial paperwork to seeking the compensation that you need to cover your costs, it is important that you speak to Smolich & Smolich.

We answer some of your frequently asked questions below. If you have a case, contact our Sacramento workers’ compensation lawyers toll-free at 888.452.0703 or locally at 916-571-0400 to schedule your free initial consultation.

What kind of injuries does workers’ compensation cover?

Any injury that you suffer on the job can be covered in a workers’ compensation claim. This includes repetitive trauma, construction accidents, cumulative trauma injuries, industrial accidents, and career-ending injuries. Whether you are seeking temporary disability for an issue that you can recover from, or if you will no longer be able to return to you job, our lawyers work with you to get the compensation that you need.

What benefits am I entitled to?

Temporary benefits can be awarded to workers who are expected to return to their jobs after a period and rest and recovery. For major injuries that will prevent you from going back to work, Social Security Disability (SSD) may be appropriate. Other benefits, such as death benefits when a family member dies on the job or money to help pay for your medical treatment, may also be awarded through a workers’ compensation claim.

Is there a time limit to file a claim for compensation?

In general, the statute of limitations to file a workers’ compensation claim is a year after the date of your injury. Failure to file within this time frame can delay your benefits or cause your claim to be denied outright. However, there are also many exceptions, so speaking with a Sacramento workers’ compensation lawyer about your specific situation is very important.

What if my employer was not responsible for my injury?

Third-party negligence claims are intended for those who were injured on the job due to a defective product or piece of equipment, a third-party driver, or other businesses or venders. Filing this type of claim can help you seek compensation even when your employer’s insurance is not liable.

Contact Our

Sacramento Attorneys

Injured at work or due to someone else’s negligence? To gain the assistance of our Certified Specialists, fill out the following form or call 888.452.0703.

  • Please enter your name.
  • This isn't a valid email address.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.